- South African Winter begins late in March, ending at the end of September.
- Winters are mild to cold and cold in the evenings.
- Don't bring to many clothes, laundry will be done daily.
- Bring comfortable shoes (sneakers/boots).
- In winter you can bring a warm jacket for the nights and early mornings and long pants to hunt in.
- The days can be nice and warm.
- No vaccinations or medication is required for hunts in South Africa as the camp is in a malaria-free area.
- Please remember to bring along sunscreen, SPF 15 or higher.
Food and beverages
- All food is included in the daily rate.
- Local beers, wine and soft drinks are also included in daily rate fee.
- Fire arms will be available to rent out.
- Firearm permits are issued upon arrival at Johannesburg International Airport. Citizens of the USA must ensure that they are possession of a complete signed United States.
- Customs Form # 4457, listing applicable firearms and serial numbers.
- This form is available at any USA Customs Office and will only be issued after a physical inspection of your firearms. Obtain a letter of invitation from Comre Safaris.
- No automatic or semi-automatic firearms are allowed.
- Ensure that you have all the necessary paperwork available on arrival.
- We have people available at the airport to help you with your firearms at a minimal fee.
- Insurance and Indemnity
- Comre safaris do not accept any liability for any injuries, illness, accidents or losses sustained whilst on safari with us.
- To confirm your reservation we require a 50% deposit of the total daily rate.
- Please note that this deposit is non-refundable. The balance is payable upon your arrival at the camp.